Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!




I was recently asked by a client to share what I thought was my best and worst floral design work. Hmmmmm..... now that's a challenge! While I really feel like some of my best work is yet to come since I continue to get better technically at my trade, more adventurous with color, design and styles; I've managed to select a couple of good runner ups. These three weddings or events I feel show a good range of my style and ability.

1.Not so Real Weddings... but made to look like one!

Nicole Goddard, a friend of mine asked me to create wedding floral for a mock wedding that Ned Frisk Photography was conducting at the Woodmark Hotel I happily obliged and this was one of the first weddings I had an opportunity to step out of the box a bit and do whatever I wanted. I love the vivid display of color the most.

2. Real Weddings: Robin & Tony 2007
Venue: St. Ignasius Church
Photography by: Barbie Hull
My take: I love the soft pinks and whites of this wedding. Fresh and clean with the sage dresses. Robin has such a soft spoken and gentle way about her I think the flowers matched perfectly.

3. Real Weddings: Brian & Heidi 2007
Venue: Sorrento Hotel Seattle
Photography by: Bella Pictures
My take: I love rich dark blacks & reds of this wedding. I think it paired perfectly with the venue and the personality of the bride. It was a lot of fun creating the towering centerpieces for a dramatic effect.


As for my worst, well... I really don't think any of my work has been bad in any way. I am proud of everything that I have created. Have I learned along the way? Absolutely and I still am learning every day. I look back on my first bouquet I ever created and I think it's beautiful! Would I have done things differently today, probably... but I did the best with who I was as a designer and what I knew back then and I still live by that principle today.

No comments: