Thursday, October 30, 2008

Purple is IN!

Purple is the new "buzz" color for this coming wedding season. Purple is my favorite color - so I am very excited to start creating lots of unique color combinations using purple and flowers. I tend to me more of a fan of dark purples, plums etc., rather than the laveder shades and that's where the current trend lies. However, I really love this new rose variety named Ocean Song. It's a soft lavender color. I love it paired with other dark and rich colors such as, blues, burgundy, brown and black. All of the "b" colors apparently.



This particular bouquet was made with Ocean Song Roses, cabernet colored Kangaroo Paw, purple Thistle and salmon Hypericum berry. I like the contrast between the dark colors of the Thistle and the K-paw against the lighter shades of the Rose and Hypericum Berry. I think I could even toss out the Berry and I'd like it even more. Some Peacock feathers instead would be striking.


Enjoy!

No comments: